Monday, December 28, 2009

I love my family enough for them to eat well

I am a homeschool mom with 4 children who swim competitively. I decided about 10 years ago to make my own bread. I have a friend who introduced me to "whole foods" and I began to grind my own wheat after researching the benefits of this. At that time, I was a part of an organic food co-op that I enjoyed when I only had 2 small children and had more time. Now with 2 teenagers and 2 smaller children, it is not feasible for me to buy all organic food at the grocery store or spend several hours a month being part of a co-op. Most of the bread we eat I make. It is only because of time constraints that I do not make it all. After learning about the benefits of "real bread", I will never go back to feeding my family store bought on a daily basis again. We decided that the foods we eat regularly would be free of high fructose corn syrup and low in sugar. I use honey in my breads and in our iced tea. We love the way we eat and many of our children's friends love to eat our baked goods.

0 comments:

Post a Comment