Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Daily Grind

     Now, more about bread.  I regularly bake rolls, loaves, and pizza bread for my family.  I use recipies from the Bread Beckers book and especially like the Basic Dough Recipe because of the added flax seed and eggs that add omega 3's and protein.  In order to obtain the highest possible nutritional value, I grind only the amount of wheat I need so that the Vitamin E in the wheat doesn't oxidize.  Sue Becker of the Bread Beckers has written several excellent articles about the value of freshly ground wheat that can be found on their website.  Nothing beats the smell and taste of freshly baked breads (I just baked bread for dinner and two of my kids ate three pieces each).  If you are considering whole wheat for your family, I suggest you go ahead and make the leap.  As the saying goes, "The whiter the bread the sooner you're dead."

0 comments:

Post a Comment